Frequently Asked Questions
Most of the time yes, however a methodical, well-developed reusable packaging program makes sense for most types of operations, particularly those possessing three or more of the following:
- High part usage rates.
- High inventory velocity.
- A well-managed supply chain.
- A short logistical distance in time.
- A short logistical cycle in distance.
- A need to implement unitization in shipping.
- A well-managed open-loop shipping system.
- A well-managed closed-loop shipping system.
- Numerous components required for assembly.
- Complicated product manufacturing processes.
- Expected product damage rates during shipping.
- Under-utilized trailer space during product transport.
- Expendable corrugated cardboard material packaging.
- High waste disposal expenses for corrugated packaging.
- A need to improve workplace safety or ergonomic issues.
- Products shipped to and from regional distribution centers.
- Concerns about a clean manufacturing environment and material cleanliness.
We work hard to get you the best freight shipping rate available. Once we know your order information we will search available freight options to find the best rate. This is done automatically if your purchase is made online. If you are working with a sale representative, they will be able to find the best rate for you.
In accordance with state tax laws we charge sales tax on all purchases delivered within the state of Ohio.
After credit approval we will provide up to 45 days. 1st time purchase must be paid in full prior to shipping.
All first time orders are paid with credit card (MasterCard, VISA, and American Express) wire transfer or certified check prior to the shipment of product. Net 30 terms are subject to review and approval by RTP. Buyer may expedite an order, while RTP/STP establishes open account status, by including payment with the order. Orders made by firms applying for credit will not be processed until RTP/STP has completed its credit review. Please see our Terms & Conditions page for full details.
Buyer should thoroughly inspect all items for shipping damage before accepting delivery. If damage has occurred, Buyer should note the extent of the damage on the freight bill at time of delivery and call RTP/STP and the carrier immediately. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect all merchandise upon receipt and sign the delivery with damages noted. If damage is not noted, RTP/STP, the shipping factory, and carrier are absolved of any and all responsibility. Please see our Terms & Conditions page for full details.